Monday marked one oh-so-happy month of wedded bliss!
Down South women seem to think that having a man in your life fixes your problems, but I can tell you with one modest month of experience that this is a lie.
As kind, sweet, and loving as he is, he has not magically transformed into Prince Charming relieving me from any and all worldly suffering or annoyances. But, hey, I haven't transformed into a perfect person either. I'm still grumpy in the mornings and I have no greater desire relinquish control of the remote than I did before we said "I do."
However, as realistic as I like to be about our relationship, I will say that it really has been absolutely a true blessing being married. I love finally living with my best friend and we're just as in love as we've always been despite having to schedule our showers.
SO, I thought I'd celebrate the wonderful man I married and share just a FEW of the reasons why I love my husband:
- He prays for us before we fall asleep every night
- He kisses me to wake me up every morning
- He doesn't over-complicate things
- He tells me everything and I can tell him everything
- He is HILARIOUS
- He has been faithfully using the cash-only system I put in place
- He willingly goes shopping with me
- He's passionate about politics too
- He forgives me for *not* sharing the Cheez-its
- He always puts the cap on my toothbrush even though I forget
- He hangs out with my dad, talks to my mom on the phone, and calls my sister his sister
- He does the dishes
- He sings to me while I make dinner
- He's still my best friend
The list could go on, but I'll stop here.
Here's to imperfect perfection and enjoying love!