Recipe for the Perfect Snowy Evening
A handful of loved ones
A dash of Mario Kart, Scrabble or any other favorite game
A few Christmas movies
Several dozen cream cheese sugar cookies (See recipe below)
2 large Cinnamon and Evergreen scented candles
A sprinkle of Christmas lights
An earful of Christmas music softly playing in the background
Several cups of hot cocoa or warm apple cider
Plenty of warm blankets
(Optional) Warm Fire Place
(Optional) Marshmallows for roasting
Lots of Christmas cheer
Mix ingredients well and serve in generous portions for best results.
Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, butter, cream cheese, salt, almond and vanilla extracts, and egg yolk. Beat until smooth. Stir in flour until well blended. Chill the dough for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough 1/3 at a time to 1/8 inch thickness, refrigerating remaining dough until ready to use. Cut into desired shapes (half circles, half circles with small holes in the top) with lightly floured cookie cutters. Place 1 inch apart on un-greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until light and golden brown. Cool cookies completely.
- Spread desired flavor of jam over whole cookies and sprinkle powdered sugar over cookies with the holes in the top. Combine.