So if I could make a list... or a recipe, rather, I think this would be the man I want to marry, but not in this order.
- Blonde Hair
- Blue Eyes (my weakness haha)
- Has nice hands (weird... I know)
- Good sense of humor/can be goofy, but knows when to bring it in
- Affectionate, but knows when/where to stop
- Has a heart for the lonely/hurting
- Musical (preferably sings and plays guitar or piano)
- Someone who is slow to anger
- Encourages me in my walk with God as I do him
- Has a tremendous amount of compassion and isn't judgmental
- Has integrity and character
- Is my absolute best friend
- Someone who follows through/a man of his word
- Can identify and is aware of his weaknesses
- Respects me
- Respects himself
- Loves kids
- Is gentle
- Romantic but realizes the value of everyday love more than the little things
- Has overcome very difficult situations in the past (I know this sounds bad, but I think it builds character)
- Knows what it is to love (I think this is the most rare of all)
- Most importantly though, he has an understanding of life and the love/grace of Jesus Christ so much so that it overflows into everything he does, is, is not, and will be.
At the end of the day, I just want someone to cherish and someone to cherish me, but I hope this is a close picture of the person I marry someday... again, God willing.
I want to marry a man who loves God more than he'll ever love me and who is secure with me loving God more than I love him (I think that's were so many of us go wrong). I know I've jokingly, and not so jokingly, said I never want to get married. But that isn't true. I do. However, I only want to marry the person who I know I can serve God better together with than without him. Lord help me to continue to be patient!
I'm still waiting for you to be the one I'm waiting for...